Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 SAG Awards Fashion

My 2012 SAG Awards Fashion Review:

Kaley Cuoco from The Big Bang Theory rocked this stunning light blue Romona Keveza gown.  I love that she wore a color after her Golden Globe's dress, which was a nude color but also stunning. (Side note: it's the Badgley Mischka dress in my 2012 wedding gown review post!)  Kaley's hair is another story... As it has been labeled, 2012 is the year of the braid, but Kaley's braid is just TOO BIG!  I think her hairdresser was trying to add some "umph" to her look because her jewelry is so minimal but the giant braid doesn't work for me.  I would have shrunk the braid, smoothed out the bangs and added a sparkly statement bracelet. 

Glee star, Jenna Ushkowitz is another favorite of mine in this Rebecca Minkoff number.  I don't know why I love this so much but I think she looks so beautiful and healthy!  The color is amazing on her and her styling was done to perfection.  If she had done an up-do, it wouldn't have matched the ease of the dress.  I think she almost looks like a runway model, minus the bones showing!  The cut-off dress with extended sheer fabric overlay is a trend we saw some of last year, but none were done this well. I have no idea what other reviews say about Jenna's SAG Awards look, but I think it's great.

Above are some more well-dress women at the 18th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.  (From left) Kyra Sedgwick in  Pucci, Emma Stone in Alexander Mqueen, Sofia Vergara in Marchesa and Jane Lynch in David Meister.  I think all these ladies look lovely and their styling is spot on.  

Actress Julie Bowen in Temperley London is one of my least favorites from last night.  I hate to say anything bad because she usually looks so great but this purple color and the open back remind me of a swimsuit cover-up.  Her look seemed very well received, so I may be the only one not loving it, but I think she could have done better... And where is the styling?? I like her hair but she has no polish on her nails and almost no jewelry.  
Rose Byrne in Elie Saab.  I want to love this look, I really do, but I think there was a mis-step with the styling.  It's not the outfit itself because I actually kind of love it, but her short bob makes it almost futuristic looking!  If you're going to rock a beaded jumper, I think you should make everything else soft since they tend to appear masculine.  I would have loved to see a longer hair-do with a light wave and a clutch in a brighter color. 

Okay, enough drooling.  George Clooney looking ever so "Clooney" in his classic black suit and his lady, Stacy Keibler, stuns in this amazing black lace Marchesa dress.  Could they be anymore perfect?  I love that Stacy wore black because she isn't nominated for anything, she is simply there for her man!  After ogling over this, I think I can accept being taller than whomever I'm with when heels are involved.  

Last night, white seemed to be one of the main colors on the carpet.  Here are some of the lovely actresses who rocked a white frock! (From left) Judy Greer in Collete Dinnigan, Kelly Osbourne, Viola Davis in Marchesa, and Angela Kinsey.

Are you kidding me?!  This 14 year old actress from Modern Family knows how to dress.  Ariel Winter is one to watch on the carpet.  Here she is at the SAG awards in Collette Dinnigan.  She's young and can pull off wearing a shorter dress to an awards show.  She is so age appropriate in this stone colored dress, it almost makes you forget that she's only 14!  Google her Golden Globe's dress, it was adorable. 

Speaking of age-approprite, Jessica Lang pulls of the sparkle dress trend perfectly.  Her body looks amazing too! It is fitted so she shows off but also the sleeves help keep it mature.  I'm a fan!

Sorry Leah Michelle, but you really drive me crazy when you are "working" the red carpet.  I love her Atelier Versace gown but she looks so smug that I don't even want to look at it.  And girl, look at your wrists!  Are you wearing sparkly, mismatched handcuffs?  I'm also disappointed in the shoes and clutch.  Maybe spread some of that bling down to the feet!  However, her hair and makeup look young and clean.  I wonder if the headband trend Charlize Theron did at the GG's would have worked here?

Another pretty girl who fell victim to poor styling is Shailene Woodley in L'Wren Scott.  I actually think this dress is cool, fun and great for her age but what is with the neckline?  It just doesn't fall correctly on her.  Her hair also ages her slightly.  I would have preferred a loose low pony-tail or even if it was just down and straight.  And where is your bright red cocktail ring?!  How could they not have put one on her finger with this fun accent color to play with?  I'm going to watch out for her on the red carpet from now on, because she took a risk here and would have knocked it out of the park with a few fixes.

I'm not about to critic Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.  I just know that if I didn't put a picture of them up, I would have been leaving out a huge part of the night.  I will say this: I like this look better than Angelina's Golden Globe's look. 
Giuliana Rancic was my overall favorite of the night.  I mean, come on, look at her!  Her body looks amazing in this figure-hugging Basil Soda floor length gown.  Her hair makes her look young and fresh.  The accessories are so perfectly placed and selected that I want to thank her stylist!  The red and gold color combination is so modern.  Just weeks after her double mastectomy, Giuliana shows every Hollywood starlet out there how to bounce back.  This is how you "stick-it" to cancer and come out on top. Go G!

No comments:

Post a Comment