Monday, January 23, 2012

Spring 2012 Wedding Gowns I Adore!

So many new and unique dresses are making their debut this season and I am loving them!  There are new colors, and not black like last year... Vera Wang!  But pinks and beiges and champagne colors are filling the bridal world and I am a fan!  Here are my review on some of my favorite dresses for this upcoming season. (You can click on the photos to go to the designer's websites!)




I absolutely love this Jenny Packham wedding dress.  I know it's not your typical wedding gown but there's something so glamorous about it, I just want to wear it.  The lace cap sleeves give it a classic feel with a sexy neckline and what resembles a lace bustier.  I also love the small amount of bling on the belt, which synchs in at the perfect spot.  It even has a train and the fabric is flowing and luxurious looking.  Probably not your first choice for a big chapel wedding or a military wedding but definitely for a smaller more intimate affair.   


Here's another stunner from Jim Hjelm Bridal Spring 2012.  I think it is so simple yet perfectly detailed.  The silver belt makes the dress very modern but doesn't loose its classic feel.  The asymmetrical bubble skirt is interesting and new and I don't hate it!  And who doesn't love a sweetheart neckline?  And to top it all off, there is a sparkle tulle skirt layered over the tucked skirt.  Simple and still fun and girly. 

In case you missed it, Reese Witherspoon wore a gorgeous pink wedding dress in her wedding on March 26 of last year.  And now we have some exciting pink options from Vera Wang’s 2012 Spring Collection!  I love the above pink dress with a corset stitched top and a mermaid skirt full of ruffles.  I also love the belt in a different color.  It would take the right body type to pull this off but we can all dream!  The pink is sweet without screaming wedding.  Very romantic!

This Badgley Mischka Bridal Spring 2012 dress is simply beautiful!  It's so interesting and different yet very feminine.  The color is interesting too considering there were a lot of pink dresses this season.  I find the placements of the embellishment to be new and interesting to the eye.  This dress would be stunning in ivory!  This is not an over the top wedding gown but it has it's own dramatic flair with the sheer sleeves.  


This Monique Lhuillier gown from her Spring 2012 collection is one of my favorites.  The whole collection is stunning but this one sticks out to me.  I am a suck for anything that is reminiscent of ballet and to me, this screams ballet.  The tulle skirt, the drop waist and the delicate belt and detailing are all elegant.  I am usually not a fan of drop waists but this one looks so perfect!  It falls to exactly the right place.  Gorgeous!


No comments:

Post a Comment