Friday, January 27, 2012

Is It Spring Yet?

I am LOVING colored denim and bright pants for spring.  This trend has been around for awhile, but I'm just finally getting around to it myself!  I find that I'm drawn to different bright blues and blueish hues for colored denim.  I am also loving red jeans but I am a little questionable on what to wear them with! (Suggestions please!)  I just bought these turquoise-ish blue skinny jeans, DKNY $30 at TJ Maxx!  So, I thought I would show everyone how to pull off the bright jean look even if you're, like me, NOT a size 2! 


Here is my "I can't wait 'till spring to wear it" outfit:
Ignore the iPhone photo, my photographer always takes Fridays off ;).  I love the bright blue jeans and the dark maroon tank color.  My guess is this color combo is going to be big this year!  At least for me... I paired the skinny jeans with some brown cage sandals and the tank with a light knit top in Ivory!  The total price for my spring pieces... Let's see; $30.00 for designer jeans from TJ Maxx, $8.00 Target tank, $16.99 knit top from TJ Maxx and caged sandals from... I think Macy's and my mom bought them for me.  Thanks mom!

Here's another look at the outfit:

I've been really into the knit tops and layering them over tanks.  It adds dimension and texture to an outfit.  It also helps hide the tummy area and hardly needs to be accessorized.  Here is my color palette and texture combination up close:


I'll leave the accessories up to you!  I would pair some of my go-to gold pieces with this and really any brown sandal would look good but the colors are so bright you'd be better off with a minimalist approach. I can't wait until it's warm enough to strap on my sandals, throw on some sunglasses and head out in my new spring look! 


Are you obsessing over a spring trend?? I want to know so I can obsess too!  Email me ideas or tweet them to me so I don't miss a minute of everything this spring has to offer my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment