Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Red is for Lovers

It's February and I am in love.  I am in love with the clothes coming out for spring and the fact that fire engine red is everywhere!  It's not always the easiest color to pull off, especially on the bottom half, but it can't hurt to try.  If you're not ready for the intense hue, you can try a more subtle shade of red.  With Valentine's Day right around the corner; bright red couldn't have a better opportunity to make its spring debut.  So get out there, start the hunt, and find that perfect red piece to add some POP to your wardrobe.


Here are some tips for pulling of the show-stopping color:
1. First you have to find a red piece that fits well.  If it's too tight, too baggy, or not the right proportions
DO NOT BUY IT!  If you have to go up a size, suck it up and cut out the size label later.  People won't know if you're wearing a medium instead of a small but they will notice if that small is too small.
2. If you're wearing red pants, don't wear a white shirt.  
3. Allow the red to do all the talking by keeping the makeup light and flirty.  Same rule applies for your hair-do and jewelry.
4. Wearing heels forces me to have confidence even if I feel like a giant.  Wear something that always helps "umph" up your confidence.
5. Smile!  The more well received your attitude is, the more well received your fashion choices will be.




Let's step into my closet...


A lovely Calvin Klein henely in bright red!  I know my photos aren't amazing but this shirt is.  I hate button downs, but only on myself.  I always feel really masculine in a button down but because this is just a henely and has a flattering tie-waste the shirt is a good balance.  The sleeve detail is my favorite part; aside from the gold buttons.  Throw this on with a dark pair of skinny jeans and some heels or boots.

Red GAP pants!  I fell in love with these boot cut trousers the second I put them on.  I mean, I never thought I would like the way I looked in red pants so much.  I paired them with simple black pumps and a black lace tee-shirt from TJ Maxx .  I can't wait to have an occasion to wear these!  And ladies, you don't have to be a size two to wear red bottoms.  I'm a size six and still can't wait to rock them!
(NOTE: I love Gap jeans and pants so much.  If you're over 5'8'' and need a place to find long pants and jeans, try Gap.  If you just want to feel amazing in your jeans, try Gap!  If you want quality denim with extraordinary fit and reasonable prices, try Gap!  Most importantly; if you don't want your crack saying hello to the world, try Gap!)





No comments:

Post a Comment