Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Boots That Stand

Come fall I'm always so excited to pull out my boots.  Nothing is worse than when I go for a favorite pair and find that there is a big crease from how I stored them.  This especially happens with leather, and unfortunately they're the most expensive kind to replace.  So, I learned this great little trick for storing your boots and keeping them in good shape. 

How To:
I know you figured it out already but for those of you who want a description...
- Just take a magazine, make sure it's not too thin that it won't stand, and roll it into a tube.
- Insert the rolled up magazine into the boot and push it down until it hits the sole.

 It is also a great way to recycle/store magazines you're done reading.  I have tons of catalogs and magazines I recycle every month and with this trick, I am able to hang on to them instead.  This is so simple you're probably wondering why I even blogged about it... Well, this trick also feeds into my need to have an organized closet.  I hate when I can't find the things I'm looking for even though it should be right in front of me.   It's a great thing to have all your boot options standing in front of you waiting to get picked!

And there you have it... Boots that don't fall over.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment