Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Bethenny Frankel Look

I just recently got into the TV reality show Bethenny Ever After and I have to say I don't hate it!  It's silly to admit but I was really hesitant to actually like her and accept her into the pool of reality stars that actually did something with their lives post 15 minutes of fame.  It's because I recognize her from advertisements for The Real Housewives of New York City.  I don't really like those shows.  It's a lot of talking over each other and no one making any semblance of an intelligent argument.  I get it, that's what those shows are based around but I just don't want to watch it.  Any who, that's not the point.  The point is that I decided to add her show to my DVR and she redeemed herself in my eyes.  I also don't have to deny myself her Skinny Girl brand booze any longer!  (I can't be the only one who does stupid stuff like this... Right?)  Whether it's an act or not, and I don't think it is, I like her views toward business, people and clothes. 

Okay!  The "Bethenney Frankel Look" is a really classic outfit choice that I notice she wears constantly.  She does it well, too.  Here's the look breakdown:

The Bethenny Frankel Look  

Black Tank Top: Your basic black tank
Chain Braided Necklace: Forever 21
Blazer: Classic tweed blazer
Pink Pumps: Baff on Zappos.com

The Inspiration: Bethenny Frankel!
Oddly enough I had a hard time finding a photo of her in this look...

Styling Tips:
- This tip is one I got from watching the show.  This outfit looks great when you add a belt!  Try using the belt as a pop of neon color; very on trend for spring. 
- Make sure to get a blazer that fits and falls in a flattering place on your body.  If you get one that isn't quite right you are going to look sloppy and possibly add a few pounds.
- Based on the situation you have a lot of options for your makeup and hair!  Having a lunch meeting?  Go for something sleeker and more polished.  If you're taking it day to night you can throw your hair up in a volume-pony and add some extra eye makeup!
- Opting for slightly destroyed denim helps keep this look causal and young.  This look can be easily be dressed-up with a pair a straight leg capris or cigarette pants!
- This is one of those looks that look great on every body type!  Play with the length of your tank and the style of your blazer to get the right style for you.



Thank you for reading my blog! Please follow me for email updates and also, follow me on Twitter @soiree_bisou !!  Also, if you have anything to add please comment!  I want to start offering giveaways and contests for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment