Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tested & True

Since everyone has been wondering, "when is she going to tell us what she uses in the shower" I went ahead and wrote up some reviews.  (Sarcasm...)  But I have fallen victim to spending tons of money on products I end up not liking or just not using.  I always thought I was the only one out there who didn't use an expensive fruity scented body wash.  Overtime though, I learned that it's better to use the simple and basics because no one cares what you use in the shower.  I will share some of my favorite finds and hopefully someone will benefit and not spend any more money and crappy products!

My favorite hair products:
 Fredrick Fekkai Glossing Shampoo & Conditioner
I alternate this with Head & Shoulders sometimes because I think mixing it up with a healthy shampoo helps keep it looking fresh.  But I really like this shampoo and conditioner combo and what it does for my hair.  I get a lot of volume when I use this shampoo and conditioner but that’s not what it’s intended for.  Overall, it makes my hair shiny and look healthy!

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship, Leave In Protective Treatment
This product works double duty on protecting your hair and keeping the frizz out!  I always notice if I forgot to use this stuff because my hair will create static electricity and shock me.  So, it’s definitely one product I try to remember!

My favorite skin products:
 Garnier “Moisture Rescue”
I love this face lotion because it dries really quickly and leaves you feeling fresh and not oily.  It’s not super expensive either and a little bit goes a long way.  If you don’t have a face moisturizer… well be prepared for early ageing. 

Avon's ANEW Rejuvenate 2-in-1 Cleanser
I like this product because it is a cleanser and a toner in one so I can skip a step!  It leaves your skin feelings smooth and fresh not stripped and dry.  I’m pretty sure this face wash would be good for any skin type.  It is gentle yet effective.  After you use this on your face, remember to moisturize!  That goes for any cleanser or face wash.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub
I don't know anyone who has tried this and doesn't like it.  I've been using it since middle school and nothing else cleans the skin quit like this!  They also have a gentle version and a firming version.  Go buy some, you won't regret it.  The best part is it comes in travel size!

Favorite Skin Care, Body:
 St. Ives Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Lotion
I always gravitate toward anything with oatmeal because I love the smell and how soothing it is.  I like the Shea butter in this also because I use it all over, it can help minimize little scares.  This works really well for hand lotion too, I keep it next to the sink in my bathroom.

Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nails
Trusted brand name, that's what draws me in.  Hands need a lot of moisture, especially when it's cold outside so I reach for this every night before bed.  I also make sure to rub it into my cuticles to help my nails stay healthy. 

Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash
I swear by this stuff.  I use an exfoliating sponge when I apply it and nothing seems to moisturize and clean quite like this! 

Favorite Shave Gel:
 Any Herbal Essence's Conditioner
I prefer using conditioner as shave gel.  It's cheaper, goes further and actually leaves your legs a lot smoother.  You can really use any conditioner though.  Maybe those full conditioner bottles of stuff you thought you would like but didn't.


Products I Wouldn't Recommend:
 Olay Quench In-Shower Body Lotion

I do keep this in my shower but I use it very sparingly.  If I don't rub it in while the water hits it then it leaves a weird residue on my skin.  I like to use it on my feet, knees and elbows but I'm afraid I'll get oily skin if I use it anywhere else!



No comments:

Post a Comment